Friday, July 29, 2011

Commuting by Unicycle

Unicyclist crossing Market at Sanchez, 2011

There isn't much to say about photographs that speak for themselves. I will point out that this gentleman seems to be a bike commuter: I took this on a work day; he's wearing a helmet, gloves that seem to have wrist reinforcement, and a high-visibility jacket; he wasn't waving or playing to an audience. He was using this giant unicycle to get from point A to point B. I'd like to know the distance he travels on this simple machine. 


I bet this fella has a pretty healthy sense of humor, despite his focused countenance in these shots.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a guy on one of those things out in Sheepshead Bay around mile 30 of last summer's New York City Century Bike Ride. Looked it up after the ride, and it seems that extreme unicycling is becoming a "thing".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. yes, that guy is nuts. I just watched that video a few weeks ago. Insufferable soundtrack, but incredible footage. It came up after I watched this from my friend Ben:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wAqt141eJAU

    ReplyDelete