Thursday, July 7, 2011

Rite Spot

Rite Spot Cafe sign, San Francisco, 2011.

I have seen this place open, I think, but it has no windows and I just haven't had the time to stop inside yet. I'm not sure if they're a place for lunch or for cocktails; it reads "Lunch" on the building and is called a "Cafe," but clearly attracts people looking for cocktails after dark.

Their sign, in great condition, runs nightly. Most places that have maintained their old neon signs can justify the maintenance costs with regular business. By posting this, I'm putting myself to task to discover what's inside the Rite Spot Cafe and how long it's been standing. And who is behind keeping their awesome sign illuminated in all its glory.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know what you find inside this joint. I like old neon signs.

    ReplyDelete