Thursday, June 2, 2011

Taste the Rainbow

Colorful beverages, the Mission.
Last night was burrito night, a tradition that has been going for a while between some friends of mine, and I only recently began to attend. It involves bringing your own burrito, from the Mission taqueria of your choice, to the Attic, which has a cheap margarita and cheap beers before happy hour ends at 8pm. 

I had been thinking, on the way there, that I liked traditions like this one. Oddly enough, without me bringing it up, the conversation did cover the general appreciation within the group of traditions as a whole. It pertained more to getting coffee at the same place repeatedly, to the point of becoming a regular there: to the point where the barista knows what you want when you walk in the door.

I have never been much of a person for these, but I guess they are starting to develop, and I like them too. 

What I was really going to write about was a thought I had about the uniqueness of food in San Francisco. In SF, you can get pizza at Zante's with Indian food toppings. It's outstanding. Also available, in Mill Valley, is Punjabi Burrito, a wonderful Indian adaptation of the burrito. These are two of my favorite culinary discoveries here. I just like thinking about how they are both Indian adaptations of an American interpretation of another foreign food... both the pizza and the burrito are essentially American inventions.

Point me in the direction of a cafe that sells Indian Irish Coffees, and I'll go daily.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! My tattered iBrain is finally allowing me to post comments on your blog! How lovely. You know how I love a routine and a place where everyone knows my name...or at least my dog's name. :-) And how bout an itallian sushi roll? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete