Sunday, June 26, 2011

Taking it Too Seriously


This parking meter farm in Milwaukee's Third Ward struck me immediately as humorous -- people who park in this lot really follow instructions. Notice this isn't the only pole that has been hit by too many well-meaning drivers -- they all share the similar damage. Maybe the instructions should read "Please Pull Car Up Close to Pole."

I found this one morning before work when I had gotten off the Amtrak from Chicago to Milwaukee, circa January 2003. I had gone there to take a picture of a Sen Sen ad painted on the side of a brick building. I still have that pic somewhere, but this is the one I've held on to. This is a scan of a photo: notice the thumbtack hole in the top. This has been making me chuckle for years.

This one goes out to all my Milwaukee friends and family. I love what the city has done with the Third Ward. And, looking at Google Street View, both these meters and the Sen Sen ad still exist today!

No comments:

Post a Comment