Tuesday, September 20, 2011

USA Shed, Rural Illinois

I took this on the way to my friends Brian and Diana's wedding in Peoria, IL, a few years ago. I was to be usher. I was in a bit of a hurry -- enough that I got a speeding ticket on the way -- but luckily not enough of a hurry to pass this shed without a photo-op. ("Photo of a run-down shed for your blog? Priceless.")

I spent about 45 minutes early this morning trying to find where it is in Google maps. I scrolled through miles of aerial photographs of highway, to no avail. But, it's more about the journey than the destination, right? While attempting to locate this barn, I found lots of cool patterns in corn and soybean fields. I saw lots of shadows cast by billboards. I found a dump in Tonica, Illinois. I found what I think is a cell or radio tower near Oglesby. 

But I should have taken notes. I don't know where this shed is. I wonder how often the owner re-paints his or her tribute to Old Glory on the tin roof of this dilapidated structure.

USA Shed, rural Illinois, 2008.

1 comment:

  1. Where's the "like" button? Reminds me of the "state of Jefferson" barn I see on my drive up to WA every Xmas. You should look it up!

    ReplyDelete