Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving: let's eat

The holidays are here -- the cycle of overeating has begun that in one month and eight days will result in numerous resolutions to lose weight and improve our health.  Let's go!

I hope that people are eating turkey sandwiches for lunch these days. And still savoring stuffing and puckering with the taste of cranberry. And re-warming that apple pie a lot. Or just eating it cold next to a wedge o' pumpkin pie.

And I hope that others out there, like me, are finding creative uses for egg nog: today alone, I employed it as an enhancement to oatmeal, coffee, and this evening, a cup of chai. Tomorrow I'll repeat the coffee addition, perhaps spiking it a bit.

Piggy Butt, 2011.

Piggy bank face, 2011.


I took these piggy bank portraits at brother Kev's house last year at about this time. I was with family when I took this, so it makes me think of them. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment: