Friday, February 3, 2012

Special Edition: Baja

This is the first post in a series describing my recent trip to Baja California Sur, Mexico. I went to visit Jon, college friend, who has dedicated time in each recent year to the kiteboarding lifestyle.

It's pretty awesome down there. He and his friends are in good company with a community of kiters who make the pilgramage each year.

I didn't participate (except as a driver) in the kiting, since my shoulder is still recovering, six months post-op on rotator cuff repair. I was, however, able to snorkel and throw a frisbee. I spent some time wandering arroyos and desert scrub in search of birds, butterflies, and interesting looking plants. 

I tended to rise early each day, and below is a photo of a fishing boat at sunrise. Magnificent frigatebirds were as common as pigeons in the city. They and brown pelicans are the black dots in the sky behind this rig. 

Sea of Cortez sunrise at La Ventana, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment